Wednesday, May 21, 2008

swim lessons



So Lilly started her first swim lesson last week and did very well. The teacher went easy on her since she is terrified of getting her face wet. Well we went to our second lesson this last Tuesday and the teacher wasn't so easy on her this time, she made her put her face in the water and helped her swim to the edge. So the first time I was watching in the window she looked up at me with worry when she was done, but I smiled and waved so she gave me a smile and waved back. The next time she went under she got to the edge with a little more worry on her face, looked at me I smiled again this time taking her a little longer to smile back. Well I actually missed the last dunk since I was dealing with Paigey but all the sudden I look at her through the window, and she begins to cry along with uncontrollable shivers, she did NOT want to go under the water again. When the teacher came back to her she screamed at her and gave her the hand. So after the lesson we had a long talk about how Miss Rebecca ( her teacher) was just trying to help her learn how to swim, and wouldn't let anything happen to her. She seemed o.k the rest of the day but last night after I put her to bed I heard crying in her room, I went in and asked why she was crying? she then began to tell me she did not want to go to swim lessons she "had enough going" and did not want me to take her back. After a lot of discussing she finally went back to sleep. Our next lesson should be a joy!

3 comments:

Maren said...

Poor Lily. Carson said he is going to help her be brave, whatever that means! I just told him not to touch her! I bet you could get Rebecca to slow it down, I bet she just forgot Lily was so scared

Demarcus Family said...

ohhh, that breaks my heart!

The Bradley's said...

poor thing!