Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Girls


Since we haven't had too much excitement around here I thought I would do a little update on Lilly and Paige.

Lilly is 3 1/2 and such a character. She is so fun to be around. She always wants to play picnic, and make me something to eat...... with plastic food of course.
She cannot wait to go to school, she is so excited to play with new friends and new toys.
She is quite independent. We were at a friends little girls birthday party and she wanted nothing to do with me, she would find any other adult or kid to talk to before coming up to me. She also has no reservations about asking for someone to get her extra cake, pizza, or chips when I'm not looking.
She still carries all her "little things" as she calls them, in purses or any other container she may find.
She adores Daddy, can't wait for Josh to get home from work every day and go see if there are any tomatoes to pick in the garden.
She is so bright and thoughtful, she is always saying " I love you mom" and takes very good care of her little sister so she doesn't eat anything too small. We definitely have our moments but the good always out way any bad, I so enjoy having her around.



I do also have to mention as seen in these pictures, she must have specific toys in her bed at nap time. They do vary on occasion but as of right now there are quite a few. The pictures above are 2 different days. The first day she had them all set up just so, the next day not so much!





Paige is now almost 10 months old and the time has really gone by fast. She has 5 teeth and more trying to come in. She still smiles constantly although she is starting to get a bit feisty. If you try to take something she wants, or move her from where she was playing she will scream at you, and even try to get a little hit in some where.

She babbles all day long and loves to say "uh oh" especially when Daddy says it first.
She is still a CRAZY nurser. Just to let you know how much she loves to nurse, we were at Seaworld the other day in the Shamu show, totally packed stadium and she wanted to eat so I nursed her during the show. There was constant clapping, whales jumping, music ringing, and the crowd in unison saying "Shamu, Shamu" and she didn't lift her head up once.

She also loves big sister they play together all the time in Lilly's room. Usually she is just being taunted by her sister. The game Lilly thinks is a hilarious is to wave something in front of Paige's face and then rip it away when she tries to get it, but hey.... it gives me a break, and it won't be long before Paige is big enough to get her back right!!!

So I have to say this experience so far with kid number 2, though hard at times has been a real blessing I couldn't of asked for a sweeter, happier baby.

6 comments:

The Family Rasheed said...

I also loved baby # two. It was baby # three that killed me. Even though Jr is the sweetest easiest baby, just trying to keep up with the messes and laundry is enough to do me in. If it wasn't for the Lord telling to have another we would be done. Lilly is soo cute! I think it's funny that she is so independent now. I remember when she first started in nursery. She was not so independent then. Isn't interesting the way they change as they age???

Kate said...

Oh my - they are just so beautiful. Will you guys be there for Thanksgiving? We need to get together!

Demarcus Family said...

so cute! Lilly's bed cracks me up! Total Lilly.
Oh and by the way, yes we can totally go to that lake ( minus the boat)

Maddyn said...

Paige is getting cuter and cuter every time I see you guys! It seems that yesterday Lilly was born! Their growing up so fast!!!!!!!!!!



Maddyn

Chessa K said...

Girls are special, aren't they...like the one in the comment right above me...

Melanie said...

Your girls are adorable Brandy! It makes me wish Marianne had a sister.