Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soccer


So after saying "no" many times to my friends about playing soccer I finally decided to just do it!! even though I have never played a day in my life. I joined a woman's league with a few friends from my church who were already on the team and realized how much fun soccer is, and also how dangerous. My third game, we played a team that lets just say was much better than us, and I realized my competitive nature along with the rest of my team. Now competitive is not always so good since every one of us found ourselves injured in some way that game, unfortunately some worse than others. My dear friend who was actually my biggest recruiter was hurt the worse, torn ligaments in her foot and a cast for 8 weeks. I'd say I came in a far second with a painful rug burn. The others hit with the ball in various places through out the game....mostly the face. Overall it's been really fun and a great work out, which is always a perk.

4 comments:

Kim W said...

Sure it's dangerous, but I think it's awesome that you guys do this!!! How fun!

Laura said...

You're awesome, i'm totally impressed with the way you face danger head on and keep going! Go Big Green!

tawnya said...

How fun!

The Family Rasheed said...

Wow, that is a cool injury! I think adult leagues are so fun!